"Personal Information" means any information about an identifiable individual. It includes, without limitation, information relating to identity, nationality, age, gender, address, telephone number, e-mail address, Social Insurance Number, date of birth, marital status, education, employment health history, assets, liabilities, payment records, credit records, loan records, income and information relating to financial transactions as well as certain personal opinions or views of an individual.
"Third Party" means a person or company that provides services to Deshret Capital in support of the services offered by Deshret Capital, such as other consultants, brokers, insurance companies, and persons with whom Deshret Capital’s clients do business.
Purposes of collecting Personal Information:
DeshCap collects Personal Information that is required or incidental to providing consulting advice and professional services or enabling research and development, as well as establishing, managing or terminating an employment, contractual or partnership relationship.
More specifically, the reasons for DeshCap’s collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information include, but may not be limited to, the following purposes:
* Establishing and managing client relationships, providing consulting advice, performing professional services, fulfilling advisory duties, and avoiding conflicts of interest;
* Developing, managing, and marketing DeshCap’s internal systems, databases, overall business and operations, products, and services;
* Sharing Personal Information to and from third parties for the purpose of providing consulting services;
* Evaluating a commercial relationship with clients, suppliers and other third parties, including the evaluation of credit standing and use of information provided by credit reporting agencies;
* Establishing and maintaining commercial relationships with clients, suppliers and other third parties, including the issuance of invoices, the administration of accounts and related payments;
* Establishing, managing and terminating employment, contractual and partnership relationships;
* Responding to client, supplier, and other third party needs and preferences, including to means of communication and evaluations;
* Marketing or providing products and services of third parties with whom DeshCap has a commercial relationship;
* Distributing newsletters and other e-mail communications, conference or meeting information and other material to individuals on our contact, mail and e-mail lists, including via third party systems, mailing houses and e-mail service providers;
* Protecting DeshCap and others against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud or other illegal activity, and complying with policies and contractual obligations;
* Engaging in transactions that include the purchase, sale, lease, merger, or any other type of investment, financing, or strategic initiative involving DeshCap;
* Complying with any legal or regulatory requirements; and
* For any other purpose to which you consent.
Types of Personal Information collected:
The types of Personal Information that DeshCap may collect about you include, but may not be limited to, your name, home address, telephone number, personal e-mail address, billing and account information, information about a client's legal or business issue and other information as prompted by the request for proposal and contact forms on our website, and as requested in the course of providing professional services (including but not limited to Personal Information about directors, officers, employees, professional advisors, business partners, investors, shareholders, competitors and customers whom are individuals, employees, contractors, partners, and others).
Use, Disclosure, Retention of Personal Information:
DeshCap may disclose your Personal Information to employees, affiliated companies, agents, partners, third parties, insurance companies, insurance brokers, regulators, lawyers, witnesses, advisors, decision-makers, experts, government authorities, and others deemed important to the process of disclosing your Personal Information. Such disclosure is subject to confidentiality requirements. DeshCap will only use or disclose your Personal Information where necessary to fulfill the purposes identified above or as required by law. DeshCap will retain your Personal Information as permitted or required by law to fulfill the identified purposes or other legal or business purposes. In the event your Personal Information is no longer required, DeshCap will ensure the elimination of such Personal Information from any of its physical and online storage facilities.
Accuracy of your Personal Information:
DeshCap keeps your Personal Information in active files that are up-to-date; You may request correction to your Personal Information in order to ensure its accuracy and completeness. A request to correct Personal Information must be made in writing to the Chief Privacy Officer, whose contact information is outlined below, while providing sufficient detail to identify the Personal Information and the correction being sought.
Safeguarding your Personal Information:
Your Personal Information is stored on third party servers for which DeshCap is subscribed to or physical storage facilities or systems owned or leased by DeshCap. To help protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information, DeshCap employs administrative and technological safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of your Personal Information. Your personal information may be shared, stored or accessed in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, the European Economic Area and other jurisdictions or countries. Your information may be disclosed in response to valid demands or requests from governments, regulators, courts and law enforcement authorities in those jurisdictions or countries.
At a minimum, the following security measures will be followed to ensure that your Personal Information is appropriately protected:
* Keeping files in secured electronic format only;
* Having at least one source of physical backup storage for all electronic files;
* Using appropriate security measures when destroying your Personal Information;
* Reviewing and updating our security policies and controls as technology changes to ensure ongoing security to your Personal information.
Please note that DeshCap has not reviewed, does not control, nor is it responsible for all of the privacy policies and procedures implemented by a party that is unrelated to DeshCap, including parties whose website links appear on DeshCap’s own website or to whom DeshCap distributes your Personal Information and as outlined above.
Accessing and reviewing your Personal Information:
Cookies used on our Website:
When a visitor accesses the DeshCap website, we may use a browser feature called a ‘cookie' to collect information such as the type of internet browser and operating system used by the visitor, the domain name of the website from which the visitor came, the date and duration of the visit, number of visits, average time spent on our website, pages viewed and number of cookies accumulated.
Our Chief Privacy Officer:
Compliance with GDPR:
If you are based within the European Economic Area (EEA), please note that where necessary to deliver our services we will transfer your Personal Information to countries outside the EEA. Not all countries provide the same level of protection in relation to Personal Information as within the EEA. Where necessary to make such transfers, we will comply with our legal and regulatory obligations in relation to your Personal Information. This will include having a lawful basis for transferring Personal Information and putting appropriate safeguards in place to ensure an adequate level of protection for the Personal Information.
How long do we keep your Personal Information for?
Regarding visitors to our website, we will retain relevant Personal Information for at least twelve (12) months from the date of our last interaction with you and in compliance with our obligations under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (or similar legislation around the world), or for longer where we are required to do so according to our regulatory obligations or professional indemnity obligations.
Regarding Personal Information we have processed as part of providing our services to any client, we will retain relevant Personal Information for at least six (6) years from the date of our last interaction with that client and in compliance with our obligations under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (or similar legislation around the world) or for longer where we are required to do so according to our regulatory obligations or professional indemnity obligations.
If Personal Information is only useful for a short period such as for specific marketing campaigns being run by our Canadian offices, we may delete it.
About your rights
You have the following rights in relation to the Personal Information we hold about you. Please note that these rights are subject to certain exemptions which may be applicable to any request you make:
* Your right of access
* Your right to rectification
* Your right to erasure
* Your right to restrict processing
* Your right to data portability
* Your right to object
* Your rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling
* Your right to withdraw consent
* Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority
We encourage you to contact us here in case of any questions, comments, or concerns and providing a description of your query.
We also encourage you to visit the European Commission’s website as per the link provided below for more information on data protection laws within the European Union: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-protection-eu_en
What are cookies?
Also known as browser cookies or tracking cookies, cookies are small, often encrypted text files or pieces of code, located in browser directories and contain an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, a computer asks your computer or other electronic device for permission to store this file on your computer or electronic device and access information from it. Information gathered through cookies may include the date and time of visits and how you are using the particular website. Cookies are used by us as part of our Website and they are also used by some of our third party service providers.
By using our Website, you consent that we may use various types of cookies for purposes including but not limited to the following:
* Storing and accessing essential cookies on your computer or other devices. Essential cookies are cookies which are essential for the operation of our Website;
* Storing and accessing certain non-essential cookies on your computer or other devices. These cookies are not essential to the operation of our Website but allow us to provide additional functionality or to gather additional information about your use of our Website;
* Other general, administrative, business, and marketing purposes including but not limited to the use of third party cookies.
If you wish to block or delete cookies, or if you would like to withdraw consent to our use of non-essential cookies, you can activate the relevant settings in your browser. You can find out how to do this for a variety of browsers, as well as access more information on cookie management, at All About Cookies.
What do we do with cookies?
In addition to essential cookies, we may use session cookies to allow the Website to uniquely identify your browsing session on our Website, which allows us to coordinate this information with data from our Website server.
We may also use “analytics”cookies to improve our Website by allowing us to calculate the aggregate number of people using the Website and see which features of our Website are most popular.
We may also use third party cookies such as those used by Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our Website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google servers. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of our Website, compile reports on website activity for website operators and provide other services relating to the activities of the website and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties unless required by law or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
Your access to and use of any material on the Deshret Capital website constitutes your acceptance of, and is conditional upon your acceptance of, and compliance with, the following provisions. These terms and conditions may change from time to time and it is your responsibility to check for such updates.
Not a binding relationship:
No advisory, fiduciary, or other relationship is created by accessing or otherwise using the Deshret Capital website or by communicating with consultants or other staff members or partners or agents by way of e-mail or through our website.
Not Legal or Professional advice:
The material provided on the Deshret Capital website is for general information purposes only. It is not intended to provide legal advice or opinions of any kind and may not be used for professional or commercial purposes. No one should act, or refrain from acting, based solely upon the materials provided on this website, any hypertext links or other general information without first seeking appropriate professional advice. The hypertext links, search mechanisms, portals, documents and information on this website are provided for your convenience only. These materials may have no evidentiary value and should be checked against official sources before they are used for professional or commercial purposes. It is your responsibility to determine whether these materials are admissible in a given judicial or administrative proceeding and whether there are any other evidentiary or filing requirements. Your use of these materials is at your own risk.
While Deshret Capital has made reasonable efforts to ensure that the materials contained on this website are accurate, it does not warrant or guarantee: the accuracy, currency or completeness of the materials; that the website will be available without interruption, error or omission; that defects will be corrected; or that the website and the server(s) that make it available are free from viruses or other harmful components. The website and the materials provided on the website are provided "as is" and "as available" without representations, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied.
In no event shall Deshret Capital, its partners, agents or employees be liable for any loss, cost or damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for harm to business, loss of profits, programs or data, interruption of activities or any other pecuniary or economic loss) whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, exemplary, consequential or otherwise arising out of any use or misuse of, or any defects, inaccuracies, errors or omissions in this site without regard to the form of action, even if Deshret Capital has been advised of the possibility of damages or if such damages are reasonably foreseeable.
In the event Deshret Capital, including its partners, agents or employees, provides a contractual guarantee to you relating to service or cost driven results, the following applies:
* The contractual guarantee is based on what Deshret Capital can achieve in the marketplace, free of your or any client interference, which includes the procurement of a bindable quotation whether or not such quotation is issued by your expiring broker or insurance company. You must submit proof of pricing on a bindable quote on a similar protection in order to claim under the contractual guarantee;
* The contractual guarantee assumes that all necessary data has been provided to Deshret Capital by you without any form of misrepresentation, that there were no material changes in such data at the time of Deshret Capital’s acceptance of providing a specific service to you, and that there were no material operational losses or changes to the aggregate profitability of the relevant insurance market at the time of your acceptance of any proposal or service agreement presented by Deshret Capital;
* The contractual guarantee is subject to (a) you not being aware of any current or future circumstances that can lead to a loss or claim; (b) the validity and truthfulness of the information provided to Deshret Capital; (c) continuous management provided by Deshret Capital. In the event a client bypasses Deshret Capital to deal directly with a broker sourced by Deshret Capital on insurance structured by Deshret Capital, then a penalty fee will be due to Deshret Capital equivalent to the Terminal Value of Deshret Capital's annual fee.
Communications Not Confidential:
Deshret Capital does not guarantee the confidentiality of any communication via e-mail or its website.
Ontario Law Applies:
The laws of the province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein shall govern use of this website and the interpretation, validity and effect of this agreement, notwithstanding any conflict of laws, provisions or your domicile, residence or physical location. You hereby consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the province of Ontario in any action or proceeding related to this website and agree not to commence any such action or proceeding except in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Copyright © 2022 Deshret Capital Corp. All rights reserved. The Deshret Capital website contains information, communication, software (including program code that may execute on the server or that may be embedded in or downloadable from individual pages on this site), images, sounds, music, graphics, photos, videos and other materials and services (collectively, the "Content").
You agree that the Content and the selection, arrangement, architecture and enhancement of the Content and other website features (the "Website Design") are protected by Canadian and international intellectual and industrial property rights, including copyrights, trade-marks and other proprietary rights. These rights are valid and protected in all media existing now or later developed, and all use of the Content or Website design shall be in accordance with such rights and the terms of this agreement.
Any use of the Content or the Website design is prohibited. The Content and Website design may not be otherwise reproduced, republished or re-disseminated in any matter or form without the prior written consent of Deshret Capital.
Any reference on this website to any product or service by trade name, trade-mark, hypertext link or otherwise is provided to you for your convenience only and does not constitute or imply its endorsement or recommendation by Deshret Capital. To the extent this website contains links to other websites, Deshret Capital does not control the availability or content of such websites. Your use of any linked websites is at your own risk.